This organization helps young adults take advantage of educational opportunities regardless of their financial circumstances. We help to improve ACT scores and overall GPA. The funds provided to 1+1=U will be used to supply:
- Tutoring programs for troubled youth and consistent monitoring to measure improvement
- Scholarships to pay for tuition.
- Room and Board.
- Living Stipends.
- Transportation to and from facilities for interviews and pre-registration activities.
1+1=U is a 501(c)(3) organization, which means that contributions provided to the program are tax deductible. Our purpose includes, but is not limited to:
- Fostering good health and physical well-being of youth 14 to 18 years of age.
- Encouraging and promoting the development of young men and women through sports programs and educational enhancement activities.
- Developing sponsor and alternative programs and youth activities.
- Promoting academic enrichment programs.
- Promoting and developing personal development programs.
- Providing career exploration and life skills.
- Promoting and developing parental and family involvement.
- Offering mentoring services through educational leaders, community leaders and professional athletes (in English, Science, Math, Spanish, and other areas).
- Supplying information about colleges.
- Provide services for parents of home schooled children so they are informed about scholarship and recruiting opportunities as well as ACT and SAT test dates and information.